Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Question for all Genealogists

I'm sorting through my Breese file doing a clean up job on it to prepare to print up a genealogy report for the Breese History I've been working on. This is my question...

Would you write out Chicago, Cook, IL or Chicago, Cook Co., Illinois? I prefer the first way because it looks neater and eventually saves space in the final report. If I don't have any information beyond city I usually write the state out with the county I know.

Just wanted to know everyone's opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer that no one has commented. Guess I'll be the first.

    I've used both ways. I agree with you the Chicago, Cook, IL is neater. I think that if you add a page with your naming conventions and or used abbreviations in your report all readers will know what you have use.

    Regina

    ReplyDelete